Pay Per Click (PPC) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) have been used by many companies for years now and have proved highly profitable. But how can you ensure that you get most out of your PPC campaign?
In this article, we will be providing you with top tips on how you can correctly utilize PPC for the best results.
Before we get started, let’s learn why you should use PPC in the first place.
Reasons Why PPC Gives You Results
There are many reasons why you should consider PPC as one of your tools to get results for your campaign.
- Predictable → As PPC is a paid option, it is bound to give you results if perform correctly. It doesn’t matter if you are trying to capture leads or just drive traffic, it can work in both cases. Even when the results are out of your hand, you are bound to get good results out of it. This is because of the fact that the PPC campaign results depend directly on how much you are spending.
- Better than inbound marketing → If you have inbound marketing before, you would know that it can take up to a year for the results to show. PPC, on the other hand, can bring results in a matter of hours.
- Highly Scalable → PPC campaigns are highly scalable. If you want better results, you just need to invest more money. Also, there are many PPC experts that can help you drive your result with a limited budget as well.
- Product focused approach → As PPC is quick to get started with, you can save your time and invest in making your product more appealing to your target audience.
In short, PPC can help you get your desired result. You need to take advantage of all the social media PPC including Google, Facebook Ads, Linkedln Ads, and others!
Guide To Utilise PPC Correctly
Now, that we have learned the benefits of PPC, let’s learn how you can use the PPC correctly to see results.
1. Monitor The Demand Of Keywords
One of the key aspects to ensure your PPC is a success is to monitor the demand for specific keywords. This will then enable you to target the keywords that would work best for your business. By monitoring this over the course of the month, you can then begin to implement a new PC strategy should the demand change. However, it is important to monitor this progress gradually as this could affect the effectiveness of the overall campaign.
2. Set A Clear Budget
Another key factor in the success of the PPC campaign is the budget. By setting this in advance yo8u can then begin to plan and implement the campaign to your allotted budget. Additionally, setting a budget also helps a digital agency London service should you require it, to run your PPC campaign for you. This allows you to focus on other parts of your business knowing that your marketing is taken care of. Also, an agency such as this can also be involved in SEO and other design aspects to help your business look its best at all times.
3. Include Negative Keywords You Want To Avoid
In order to ensure the success of the campaign, it may also be beneficial to initially include negative keywords. This can then be used as a reference point for those taking over the campaign in the future. By showing what works as well as what doesn’t, you can then begin to create a strategy that works to boost conversions as well as increase brand awareness. Whether this is a month by month campaign or one that is set to last a lot longer, these can be monitored and changed throughout the course of the campaign running time.
4. Consider The Ad Copy
The final element to consider is the ad copy. This can make or break a PPC campaign as you still need to convince people to click on the ad. This should be engaging and should feature a call to action towards the end.
This will entice the reader. Provide them with the information that they need and then encourage them to click. Your ad copy should also show brand identity and should be related to the product or service that you are selling. The ad copy will then help to drive conversions and keep your customers interested at this time.
An Ad has four basic elements:
- Headline → The title of your landing page
- Description → This is the description that a user reads before they make the click
- URL/Link → The URL is the page you are redirecting the user once he clicks
- Network-specific elements → Shares, likes, and other links.
You can opt to design your Ads by two approaches.
The first approach is relevance. In this approach, ads are shown based on the query relevance that the user enters into the search engine. This approach also has the best click-through rate as it is relevant to what the user is searching for.
Another approach that you can use while creating your Ad copy is curiosity. This is best suited for social networks where people click based on curiosity rather than what they are looking for.
With this in mind, there is a lot that goes into planning for a successful PPC campaign and utilizing it to your advantage.
One more thing that you need to know is that ads are just part of the whole equation. That means even if you are able to get a good click-through rate on your ads, you might still get less conversion on your service or product. This means that you also need to focus on your landing page to get the best overall result.
So, if you create a PPC campaign for video games, then make sure your landing page caters to the target audience and offers them something that they want to see!
However, with this planning, it is possible to have the results you need without having a huge click spend. Where will you be starting your PPC strategy?