Blogs are one of the most popular tool in digital marketing. It is among the best ways of raking in cash with the additional benefit of building the reputation of your brand. The formula of creating a profitable blog is simple; you just have to drive traffic to your blog, and then there are several ways to monetizing the traffic.
But the catch is building traffic at your blog isn’t as easy as it sounds and one has to be persistent, creative and optimistic to squeeze money out of blogging.
The obvious question that arises is what are the ways of increasing traffic on your blog. In answer to these questions, I have some tips for bloggers that are new to the business of blogging.
Engage Through Content
Make a list of top-known blogs in your niche. You will find one thing in common – Engaging Content. You blog has to have content that pulls the attention of people. There are millions of blogs on the internet but only few of them make it big. Here is how to create content that acts into traffic magnet on your WordPress blog.
- Reading popular blogs is a great trick for understanding how content works. Reading expands your thought process that definitely results in better topics for your blog.
- Do cover trending topics ASAP.
- Your content should have a conversational tone to better connect with your audience.
- Garnish your blogs with banners and images.
- Make sure that your content is exclusive and adds value to your readers.
- The content should entice people so that they share it.
Make Effective Use Of Social Media
Whenever it comes to engagement, internet marketing gurus place social media at the very top of the list and there are concrete reasons behind this preference. Almost every age group is actively engaged (often on multiple) on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, WhatsApp. This widespread use of social media offers great opportunities for the WordPress blogs.
- Posts scheduling is the key to managing the social media marketing campaign of your blog.
- An actionable CTA drives engagement and traffic on your blog. Don’t forget to put CTA in your social media posts.
- Buffer, Sproutsocial, Hootsuite, IFTTT are some of the most popular social media marketing management tools that could greatly automate the process.
- You should post regularly on your social media profiles in order to keep your audience hooked to your content.
- Contests and giveaways are very effective ways of driving engagement and traffic to your blog.
- Use link shorteners to save your audience the long and ugly-looking links.
Analyze Your Blog’s Performance
It is extremely important to analyze your blog’s performance through different KPI’s. The essential metrics include the word count, image to text ratio, bounce rate, content readability, headings etc. Once you are able to discover what’s wrong, you could move on to the next stage of rectification.
- You should set a goal for your blog and then analyze all metrics keeping that goal in mind.
- Google Analytics, Tweriod, Cyfe and Addvocate are great tools for measuring the blog and content’s performance.
- Measuring visitors, leads, subscribers is the basis of measuring the blog’s performance.
- Tracking inbound links and tracking the social mentions should be your daily practice.
- When it comes to counting social media shares, don’t be obsessive but it doesn’t mean you don’t need to count your social shares.
All Hail Affiliate Programs
When it comes to making money through blogging, affiliate marketing is definitely the approach that works in the majority of the cases. The secret to the success of affiliate marketing is quality content that presents your affiliate links without affecting the user experience.
- Search for affiliate programs with recurring commissions.
- Have patience – affiliate marketing starts slow but eventually does wonders.
- Read, read and read what the affiliate moguls in the industry say on the topic.
- Amazon, Ebay, Alibaba are some of the best paying affiliate programs.
- Sponsored posts and paid reviews are best when it comes to creating your affiliate empire.
Hands On Experience With Affiliate Marketing Tools
WordPress has some of the finest tools and plugins for affiliate marketers. Be it link management, ad management, email list building, lead generation, or other features, there are tools that take care of all the issues.
- Grab tools that analyze headlines of your content.
- SEO plugins add great value to your workflows and ensure that your posts confirm to the standard guidelines of search engines.
- Use link tracking and link creation plugins to measure the ROI of your blog.
- Using blog optimization tools is a great way of making your WordPress blog blazing fast.
So people, here are the five major areas to work on in order to run a successful blog that attracts traffic and churns out loads of money!
Now, I want you to comment on how helpful did you find this article, and what topics should i include in the follow up post.