Marketing managers often wonder which marketing strategy will be better for their campaigns, search engine optimization (SEO) or pay-per-click (PPC). Both marketing techniques have their own pros and cons but the important key is to understand your client’s requirements.
To help you make a better choice, we have listed the various features of SEO and PPC.
- The most important feature of SEO is that your target keywords will give you the desired visibility on various search engines. This will create awareness amongst your potential customers which is similar to creating brand awareness for your campaign.
- An SEO strategy is slow and steady. With SEO, you can reap benefits over a longer period of time. And you will get sustainable results.
- One of the best features of PPC is that no matter what your competitors do for organic search results, the paid ads will be positioned at the top. Users will first see the ads and then, when they scroll down, they’ll see the organic results.
- You have more control when you use PPC ads. You can include important details and information in the first few lines of your ad to attract users to click.
- So, if you have the resources, it is best to use both SEO and PPC for an effective marketing strategy. To learn more about SEO and PPC, then check out this infographic by SpyFu.
Image courtesy: SpyFu