Managing a WordPress website is not a cakewalk. If you are a non-technical user, this might turn out to be more cumbersome. Even with the myriad user-friendly features provided by this CMS, we tend to get stuck with issues that we just can’t sort out and get over with. Tasks like Debugging, testing and developing the features of our website are such issues that make it a compulsion to either get in touch or hire a professional developer. If we were to tell you that there is a WordPress plugin out there which has especially been made for non-developers to help them with their websites, wouldn’t that be just great?
Yes, the WP Reset plugin by WebFactory Ltd is one such plugin that will help you debug, test, and develop your WordPress website even if you are a non-developer. It is a premium WordPress development tool, made by developers for non-developers. This fast plugin is the right tool that will help non-developers debug, test and develop their WordPress websites and their themes & plugins. This plugin is awesome because it gets your work done.
Our detailed review will help you understand why you should definitely check out the WP Reset plugin.
What is the main job of the WP Reset plugin?
The WP Reset is a fast and secure plugin. When you choose to download and install the WP Reset plugin, it works to quickly reset the site’s database to the default installation values. The best thing about this plugin is that it will never lead to accidental loss of data with its multiple fail-safe mechanisms. This reset deletes all customization and content but does not modify any files. Here are the details:
Here’s what resetting with this plugin will delete:
- all posts, pages, custom post types, comments, media entries, users
- all default WP database tables
- all custom database tables that have the same prefix table prefix as the one defined in wp-config.php and used by default tables
Here’s what resetting with this plugin will not delete:
- media files – they remain in the wp-uploads folder untouched but will no longer be listed under Media in admin
- no files are touched; plugins, themes, uploads – everything stays
- site title, WordPress address, site address, site language, and search engine visibility settings
- currently logged in user will be restored with the current username and password
If you are a plugin and theme developer, you can use these plugin to effectively speed up your testing and debugging. By the use of this plugin, you can quickly reset settings and re-test code.
All you need to do is log in to your WordPress dashboard and visit the ‘Plugin’ section. After running a search for the WP Reset plugin, you can install and activate the said plugin. Once done, you can go to Tools>WP Reset> Choose your requirement. Once there, you will have to type ‘down reset’ in the text field and that would be it.
Here’s how the plugin works?
When you click the ‘Reset’ button after setting up this plugin, the plugin will seek your confirmed decision of resetting. If you are not sure, there will be a ‘NO’ and ‘UNDO’ button. When you finally click on the ‘Reset’ button, everything will be reset. Once done, your site title, WordPress address, site address, site language, search engine visibility settings as well as the current user will be restored.
Features of the WP Reset plugin:
- The plugin is fast and easy and helps you reset your website with one click. With just a click on ‘reset’, you can get started with a fresh WordPress installation in a few seconds.
- If you find any issues and are in a fix, you can find solace in their In house support for free.
- WP Reset is 100% WP-CLI compatible making it super-fast to work with.
- It is a configurative plugin that won’t require you to manually set options or reactivate plugins & themes.
- If you are looking to test some demo data or custom tables, you can just restore your installation to the selected snapshot.
- The plugin lets you find with one click if any plugin or theme has played havoc with your database. You will also get to have a visual representation with the database Diff Viewer.
- If you want to reset only transients, plugins, themes, custom DB tables, wp-uploads folder, .htaccess file or your site’s media, you can do that.
- The plugin can be integrated with Webhooks for triggering 3rd party services.
- You can also test your product by downgrading your WordPress installation to an older version or upgrade to a new beta version in a single click. You can always switch back.
The WP Reset plugin a must-use plugin if you are looking to debug, test, and develop elements for your WordPress websites. You can download the WP Reset plugin for free, here.