Simply put on-page SEO comprises of all the improvements that you can make on your site that will increase your online ranks. The changes can either be to the overall look of the site, the content or the design. It is much different from off-page SEO that comprises of SEO initiatives executed outside the website. With constant Google updates, that impacts SEO as well, it is important to have an On-Page strategy so that you can benefit from it. Discussed below are the best 10 SEO practices and techniques that will help you to boost rankings.
1. Select smart keywords
Are you wondering whether your content will make a mark and generate more traffic? A part of it gets decided by the keywords you’ve determined to use. When you compete for complex keywords with a fresh domain and a low-quality backlink profile, then it’s not of good use. Also, when you rank high for obsolete keywords searched by no one, it doesn’t work for you either. Hence, it is essential to get started with keywords that are simple and also get decent coverage. Here are some main points to consider:
- Use keyword research tools to identify relevant keywords related to your topic.
- Target a mix of short-tail and long-tail keywords to capture different levels of user intent.
- Incorporate keywords naturally into your content, including in the title, headers, and body text.
2. Ensure that you write long content
Opt-in for long content that is rich in information and facts. Your content must have the required depth, answer the queries your users have and also add value to them. It’s always easy to write content of 300 to 350 words than a 1000-word long content. But when you take the extra effort to curate an interesting content of 1000 to 2000 words, you will get to experience the positive difference. And some more points to consider:
- Create content that provides value to your target audience. This could be in the form of informative articles, how-to guides, tutorials, case studies, or in-depth analyses.
- Prioritize quality over quantity. Focus on producing comprehensive, well-researched, and original content that addresses users’ questions and needs.
3. You need to optimize the meta description and meta title
Meta descriptions and Meta titles are of immense relevance for ranking. A useful tip is always to add the keyword to the title start. When you are managing Meta Description, be a little brief and convey the general idea of the blog post but also leave something interesting so that the audience is interested to know about your website more. Make sure that you opt-in for the LSI keywords, which is the variation of your existing keywords. A few things to keep an eye:
- Write concise meta descriptions (around 150-160 characters) that entice users to click through to your page.
- Clearly convey the value and content of the page while incorporating the target keyword.
4. Leverage the H1, H2, and H3 tags
There are multiple uses of the Heading tags. You should reserve the H1 tag exclusively for the title. It is essential that you analyze your website structure. Also, you can use the H2 tags for the sub-headings when you decide to write a post about “6 steps” guide and the like. Add the keywords in any one or more of the H2 subheadings, and you can boost your SEO. Last but not least, you can also add the H3 and H4 for any complementary sub-steps which your guide might have. Make sure that you add an introduction as well as a conclusion to blend it all fine. And you should consider:
- Use header tags to structure your content hierarchy. The H1 tag should usually contain the main topic or title of the page.
- Include variations of your target keywords in subheadings (H2, H3) to organize content and improve SEO.
5. Add audio, videos, and images to make your post interesting
Your audience will not learn it all just by reading. Hence, your content should also have visual content and audio files as well. It will add the desired variation in your content. Additionally, it will also help to maximize the time a reader spends on the website. It is an important Google metric that determines if the site is apt to show in the SERP’s. When you have a multi-media to your post, will make the blog post seem interesting and complete. It will garner more authentic organic backlinks. While adding images, a few things to always consider:
- Compress images to reduce file size without compromising quality, improving page loading speed.
- Use descriptive file names for images, and include relevant keywords in the alt text to improve accessibility and SEO.
6. Inbound and Outbound links
The inbound and outbound linking is essential for a balanced SEO post. The internal linking here refers to the linking done on the other pages of the site. The external links are the links to various other sites. You can’t expect reduced bounce rates, the moment you cross-link the content. However, it can assist you in developing a better bond with the readers. One of the best examples of this is Wikipedia. Here are some important tips for inbound and outbound links:
Internal Link Building:
- Create Relevant Content: Produce high-quality, informative content that naturally lends itself to internal linking. This makes it easier to include relevant links within your content.
- Use Descriptive Anchor Text: When linking internally, use descriptive anchor text that accurately reflects the content of the page you’re linking to. Avoid generic terms like “click here.”
- Link to Relevant Pages: Link to other pages on your website that provide additional value or context to the reader. This helps to keep users engaged and informed.
- Hierarchy and Structure: Organize your website’s content in a logical hierarchy. Use categories, subcategories, and tags to help guide users and search engines through your site.
- Fix Broken Links: Regularly check for broken internal links and fix them. Broken links can negatively affect user experience and SEO.
- Contextual Relevance: Ensure that the linked pages are contextually relevant to the content. This not only improves user experience but also signals to search engines that your site is well-organized.
External Link Building:
- Focus on Quality Over Quantity: Instead of pursuing a large number of low-quality links, aim for a smaller number of high-quality, authoritative links. Search engines value quality links more.
- Relevance Matters: External links should be from websites that are relevant to your niche or industry. Irrelevant links can raise red flags for search engines.
- Guest Posting: Contribute guest posts to reputable websites in your industry. This not only allows you to showcase your expertise but also usually comes with the opportunity to include relevant links back to your site.
- Broken Link Building: Find broken links on authoritative websites within your niche. Reach out to the site owner and suggest replacing the broken link with a link to a relevant page on your site.
- Resource Link Building: Create comprehensive, well-researched resources (e.g., infographics, guides, tools) that other websites would find valuable. When others reference these resources, they’ll likely link back to your site.
- Build Relationships: Network with influencers, bloggers, and other webmasters in your industry. Building relationships can lead to more natural link-building opportunities.
- Social Media Sharing: Share your content on social media platforms. While social media links are typically nofollow (they don’t directly impact SEO), they can still drive traffic to your site and increase its visibility.
- Monitor Competitors: See where your competitors are getting their external links. Tools like backlink analysis tools can help you identify potential linking opportunities.
7. Welcome blog comments and make sharing very easy
Today, social signals can have an impact on the ranks. The power of social sharing enables you to garner extra web traffic from social networks. You can also get the desired revenue through the ads as well. This exposure will make you attain some favorable backlinks.
Make sure that you encourage your audience to share comments on your post. Know that Google takes note of all the rewards and interaction that you are generating online on your post and awards you for the initiative.
8. Get the site optimized
Here you need to make sure that the site loads content and images fast. Install, the WordPress Fastest Cache if you witness any problems with the website loading speed. Sometimes, the main reason for websites loading late is big images. So you should go ahead and minimize the size of the file and pictures before uploading the same on the editor. Make use of an image compressor and reduce the image size.
9. Mobile responsive website
It is a smart call to have your site optimized for browsing the same using a Smartphone. Google will now penalize websites which aren’t mobile ready. So go ahead and purchase a ready-made mobile responsive theme and get this problem solved. Today, the majority of people mail and shop online using their Smartphone device. Hence, when your website gets optimized for mobile, it gets better visibility, increased web traffic and also experienced better ranks and sales as well.
10. Develop backlinks to the optimized article
Today, developing backlinks are essential! Many guides and SEO practices sometimes overlook this aspect. However, backlinks are essential for a particular post or page. When you evaluate the best results for a given set of the keyword, you will find that the best outcomes will comprise of a strong backlink profile. Hence, don’t miss out on this SEO technique.
You always have time to re-think your SEO. Make sure that your SEO plan is in sync with your company objective and Google changes. Today, you will have many ace service providers to guide you with all these ten SEO mentioned above tactics. Join hands with one that understands your SEO and brand objective and caters to your purpose affordably.